Posted: 7:46 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013
By Alyse Whitney
Most of our jealousy surrounds her incredible bikini body, which we definitely saw a lot of this summer. So, how does she stay so fit, even when she’s jetting back and forth between Los Angeles and Atlanta, playing two characters on TVD, and maintaining an active social life? According to her trainer Steve Moyer, it’s easy — in fact, we’ve summed up five quick tips that he shared with PopSugar which will have you looking good in no time.
1. Change it up. Nina likes to do “full-body moves that are new and exciting.” For example, a squat could become a jump squat instead!
2. Focus on your abs in an exciting way. It’s no secret that Nina loves yoga, but that isn’t the ultimate ab workout. To help tone up, she does reverse ball crunches and basketball dribbling and drills, focused on her lower abs.
3. Make time for workouts, but don’t overdo it. Since she’s busy, Nina tries to work out every other day with Steve when she’s in Los Angeles.
4. Eat clean and healthy. Instead of having huge restrictions, she eats “clean and healthy,” having balanced meals. Occasionally, she’ll get meals delivered from Steve’s system, but mostly just keeps herself in check.
5. Have fun! Overall, Nina’s “fit philosophy” is to be smart, balanced, and fun — both for working out and eating.What do you think of Nina’s tips? Will you try any of her secrets? Sound off below!