Posted: 11:29 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2013
By Gina Carbone
Survivor: Blood vs. Water, aka Season 27, will premiere Wednesday, September 18 on CBS.
Cast spoilers have been floating around the Internet for a while, with the first one being confirmed yesterday (August 20) when Entertainment Weekly talked to competing couple Hayden Moss ( Big Brother 12 winner) and Kat Edorsson (Survivor: One World).
The season’s theme has returning players (again) competing alongside either their family members (blood) or significant others (water). Here’s the rumored cast list, which CBS will probably confirm/correct very soon:
• Colton Cumbie (Survivor: One World) with his fiance, Caleb
• Gervase Peterson (Survivor: Borneo) with his niece, Marissa
• Tyson Apostol (Survivor: Tocantins, Heroes vs. Villains) with his girlfriend, Rachel
• Candice Woodcock (Survivor: Cook Islands, Heroes vs. Villains) and her husband, John
• Kat Edorsson (Survivor: One World) with her boyfriend, Hayden Moss (Big Brother Season 12 winner)
• Monica Culpepper (Survivor One World) and her husband, Brad Culpepper (former NFL player).
• Aras Baskauskas (Survivor: Panama winner) and his brother, Vytas
• Rupert Boneham (Survivor: Pearl Islands, All-Stars and Heroes vs Villains) and his wife, Laura
• Laura Morett (Survivor: Samoa) with her daughter, Ciera
• Tina Wesson (Survivor: Australia winner, All-Stars) and her daughter, Katie
Spoilers should always be taken with a grain of salt and treated as early unconfirmed rumors, but according to longtime spoiler @TheGameSurvivor’s sources, the Redemption Island twist is returning and it makes the first boot pretty interesting.
Rumor has it, Rupert’s wife Laura is the first person voted out, but Rupert takes her place at RI and loses his battle, making him the first real boot. We’ll see if that’s how it turns out.
Other early spoiler notes suggest Colton (groan!) quits after his boyfriend/fiance is eliminated, Aras goes after veterans in the game, and Tyson is basically the star of the season. It’s suggested that Gervase and Tyson could be in the final three, along with a female returning player (Laura? Monica?). Since Laura and her daughter were deemed a "dynamic duo" in another post, that bodes well for them.
If you’re not happy to see Candice back again, it was reportedly supposed to be RC from Survivor: Philippines but her father supposedly had health issues and had to drop out. But Candice is said to leave pretty early. Kat is also supposedly a pre-merge boot, but her boyfriend Hayden makes it pretty far.
That’s some early buzz, but it could change in a heartbeat. Still, if true, good for Gervase for going from Season 1 to the finals of Season 27. And could Tyson win? Player of the Season? It’s intriguing.